Sunday, January 24, 2010

I write poetry

THE ELEGANT RIBBON

I think in terms of poetry, and I think of many

things:

Birds in raibow colors, butterflies, and

songs to sing,

Grey clouds in an emerald sky--raindrops that

waterpaint the place--

The sound of Rod McKuen's voice--the smile that

lights your face--

A moment of indecision--a hard job neatly

done--

A flower growing in the field--a ring around

the sun--

Babies playing in the yard--a puppy with

a ball--

A cricket lost and crying among the red leaves

in the fall--

Yesterday, and kids in love, and a jet stream

etched on the sky--

Bar-b-que in the summer, and friends that

got too high--

Graduation, going swimming, sleigh rides in

the park--

Weddings and funerals, and being afraid

of the dark.

I think in terms of poetry, and I think of many

things,

Then I weave them into subtle songs for kindred hearts

to sing.

by Dr. Mary Belle Adelman written in the 60's

No comments:

Post a Comment